This on-line service allows Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) clients to submit an address notification or change of address on-line, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you change your address using this service, it will take 5 business days for it to be updated. During this time you should continue to monitor your current contact information.
You may use this on-line service if:
- your case is being processed in Canada;
- your address is in Canada;
- you are moving within three weeks;
- you have not been requested to report your change of address in person to your local office.
- sponsored a member of the family class;
- applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
- applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
- applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
- applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen;
- applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
- applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
- applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
If your case is being processed abroad, please contact the Canadian Visa Office nearest you.
If you are a foreign student or worker, please use the Case Specific Enquiry form to change your address.
Before using this service, please be sure to have a copy of all the documents you have received regarding your application(s):
These may include one or more of the following:
- a copy of your application;
- your financial receipts (IMM 5401); or
- any letter or official document issued to you by IRCC.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section for answers to frequently asked questions.